|Military Aircraft||Military Helicopters||Army Material||Navy Ships||Armament & Missiles||Countries|
The Mi-24 helicopter was originally developed as a attack and transport helicopter for the Russian Air Force. Besides it can be used for direct air support, air-air, anti-tank and armored escort. It was developed by the Russian company MIL in 1976.
The main difference with the American AH-64 (and also all other Russian attack heli's) is that the Mi-24 can transport 8 soldiers. The Mi-24 is difficult to maneuvre.
The Mi-24 can be equipped with:
- a 12.7 mm 4 turret machine gun type YaKB-12.7 which can fire 4500 rounds a minute
- a 30 mm double turret canon of the type GSh-30K which can fire 300, 2000 or 2600 rounds a minute
- 750 - 1 x 2 30-mm gun or a 1470 - 12.7-mm 4 turret gun
- 2 till 4 80mm S-8 rocket pods for 20 missiles
- 2 till 4 57mm S-5 rocket pods for 32 missiles
- GSh-23L double 23mm MG pods
- 4 250kg bombs of the type FAB-250
- 2 500kg bombs
|Last updated: 27 August 2022|